The following effects can occur in the treatment area during and after a treatment. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within days or weeks.
During a treatment:
Immediately after treatment:
- Sensations of pulling, tugging and mild pinching.
- Intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, cramping. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb.
One to two weeks after a treatment:
- Redness and firmness.
- Transient blanching and/or mild bruising around the edges of the treatment area.
- Tingling and stinging.
- Redness, bruising and swelling.
- Tenderness, cramping and aching.
- Itching, skin sensitivity, tingling and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a
- Sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental area treatment.
As with any medical procedure, ask a healthcare professional if the CoolSculpting® procedure is right for you.
You can feel confident with CoolSculpting technology.
Trained Technicians – CoolSculpting technicians are provided with ongoing training to ensure there is a high standard of knowledge about the consultation process, the CoolSculpting procedure and aftercare support. They will consult with you to understand your needs and medical history and to determine if CoolSculpting is right for you.
Procedure precision – CoolSculpting technology delivers precisely the right level of controlled cooling to target the fat cells underneath the skin, whilst leaving the skin and other cells undamaged.** This procedure does not use needles or surgery.
Device Safety – Freeze Detect® is CoolSculpting’s inbuilt safety technology, designed to stop treatment if it detects the skin is getting too cold.
* Data obtained from cryolipolysis investigations using a porcine model.